Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009


I wanted to give daddy a big father's day present today, but mommy wouldn't let me go to the store to buy him his favorite Robitussin (daddy drinks all four flavors).  I was left without a present, which meant I had to think on my feet (pun definitely intended).  Just for the record, I'm a crawler.  I like the feel of the fine plush carpet beneath my knees and the firm wood floor under my fingers.  Walking makes me feel disconnected from the tangible realities of our world.  But that's just me.  Daddy needed a present, and as I mentioned before, mommy was not cooperating.  So I walked.  Not just once, or twice, or even three times, but whenever he called.  I'm exhausted.  I see this as a metaphor for the demonstrations in Iran.  If everybody just drank Robitussin, and walked for their daddies, it would be a wonderful world.  

Cora Elizabeth
Blogging from her crib
June 21, 2009


10 comments:

Papasan said...

Yay! That's the best kind of father's day present.

Mather refused to come over and give me hugs today.

Anonymous said...

Glory be! Just as I am about to go shopping for a cane. Walking may seem easy now, but just wait, and wait, and wait...
Grandfava

Sara Ransom said...

Just kinda bowls you over doesn't it!

nanna said...

and did I hear her say "da da" while walking to her da? Seemed like she did...happy father's day Chris!

Anne Campbell said...

Holy moley! She's walking! Can you walk her over to Hoyt Street tonight so I can see her on her feet?

FREEDOM said...

She's taking 10 to 15 steps at a time today, I can't wait for Slippy to see her. Yesterday was truly a great day!

nanna said...

wow - she'll give up crawling tomorrow, even though it's probably faster. Amazing isn't it?

Sara Ransom said...

In the Credits, I noticed a redundancy in the second name (the one after Boodles Bear). There it is, clearly: "Papa Pape"

FREEDOM said...

I'll get right on that Savi.

FREEDOM said...

Wow, two weeks later and she's walking all over the house!