Sunday, September 27, 2009

Run Boodles Run!


As most of you know, daddy's birthday was on September 25th; I'm okay with that in that it doesn't interfere with my schedule, when it does he'll have to change it. Mommy got daddy a mop and hid it in the closet last week. I knew the mop gift wasn't going to go over very well so I worked on something to distract him. As readers of my blog know I began walking on Fathers Day, admittedly it doesn't get the attention it used to but it gets me where I'm going. Now running, well, that would be the next logical step - I just looked it up,that was a pun. So I got to thinking, maybe if I learned to run daddy wouldn't beat mommy over the head with the broom in a dramatic fit of rage ( see blog 17 titled "Dustbuster This!!") When daddy's birthday came around I was ready.

Mommy gave daddy the present at dinner, which is never really a good idea around here (see blog 26 "Tofu This!!") Daddy didn't get angry, in fact he said it was a lovely mop and he was proud that his wife felt that he was man enough to handle a tool like that, and then he stared silently out the window wondering where the last 49 years had gone. I quickly scrambled down from my chair and grabbed his leg, he turned slightly so he could see me, and then I ran!! I ran into the kitchen and bedroom and hallway and  bathroom until daddy grabbed me and pulled me up into the air; he shouted "Boodles can run, Boodles can run!!" Then I kissed him on the cheek and he kissed mommy and we all snuggled up and watched "Cops" on TV.

Cora Elizabeth Pape
Sept. 28, 2009

1 comment:

nanna said...

oh do run run run, oh do run run!
What a clever Boodles.