Friday, August 22, 2008

Good Gifts / Bad Gifts


Now c'mon, why on earth would Uncle Max think that
a matte knife would be an appropriate gift for a baby.
Look at the photo, do I look amused? I won't have the 
strength to get the blade out until I'm six years old, and 
by then matte knives will be soooo retro. Uncle Max says 
that the matte knife is a metaphor for the war in Iraq. 
Mommy said it's more like a simile and daddy said it 
sounded like a homonym, then they had a few more drinks.

Now a good gift was the raggedy ann doll that Joan Blake
made for me, I love it because it has my name on it and
I'm trying desperately to brand myself at an early age.
I could definitely see a Cora Elizabeth fashion line.  It's my
goal to be an icon without really doing much.
No more matte knives.
Thanks,

Cora Elizabeth
August 22, 2008

No comments: