Thursday, September 25, 2008

Shea It Aint So



Mommy and daddy took me to my first softball game. We went
all the way out to Queens with Aunt Jennifer and Edan to see the 
Mets play. They loaded the bases three times in the last three
innings with no outs and scored only one run, and that run was
walked in!
The good news was that Carlos Beltran hit a home run,  although
daddy quickly pointed out that it was in the wrong direction - see 
above photo. Mommy pointed out that this might be the first incident
that I remember in a therapist's office.
Go Expos!

Cora Elizabeth Pape
Sept. 24, 2008

7 comments:

Sara Ransom said...

FYI -- I'm a faithful and grateful reader of Cora's epistles. Such a clever child, such a punster. But tell me, Cora, were you so VERY upset by the Mets' performance (the bases loaded, the one walk, the ball hit the wrong way) that you had to BAWL? Hey, as we say, "it's only a game!" Ah, but who's to diss such passion. Carry on, Cora!
Love, Grand-Auntie Savi

Steve said...

Mets choke! Mets choke!

FREEDOM said...

Dearest Savi,
I'm afraid you'll have to be banned from this blog
for offering bad advice to my daughter. It is
our intention, as parents, to have our daughter
develop an ulcer over every baseball game she
goes to.
When I was a kid my dad and I used to share a
bottle of Pepto Bismal when going to a Yankees
game - and that's when we were winning! I am,
if nothing else a traditionalist.
Chris Pape

Anonymous said...

all this yowling over the Mets...Cora's baseball horizons must be broadened to include the Cubs *(alas again, doomed to implode) for the sake of her great grandfather George, b 1915, who never was cognizant of a Cubs pennant (too young to remember 1918) and who was preparing to return from the afterworld for the glory of the 2008 triumph...

Papasan said...

Yankees, Mets, Cubs....bah. Cora simply MUST be a Giants fan - after all, look how big she was when she was born! She clearly has Giant blood running in her veins.

Perhaps I'll get her some official SF apparel for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

oh, cora will be a giants fan. it's in her baby contract. we'll put in a good word for the cubs, too. next year, that is :)

FREEDOM said...

The Giants will be the minor league team
that Cora can root for!